Tuesday, August 23

Recital Program Continued

You may recognize this piece because yes, I posted it before. My previous post however showcased a performance by Glenn Gould and only included the large Fugue portion of this work. Here you'll find Bach's Toccata and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 911 in its entirety performed by Martha Argerich. The recording is divided into two youtube videos because of the length. The Toccata of course comes first and is immediately followed by the Fugue. I'm loving Argerich's playing lately and in fact it was this exact recording that initially made me fall in love with this piece motivating me to buy the music and learn it myself. It will be the second piece on my recital program in November. Enjoy... and again I welcome comments about your reaction to the music.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...