Thursday, April 18

Thursday, Verse Day

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence, I shall not be moved.
Psalm 62:5-6  photo 1_zps83a811b3.jpg 
I think I could sit and ponder that thought for hours and hours, "...my expectation is from him." What an incredibly beautiful image of waiting on God. Oh to have such an utter confidence in Him and the fact that He will indeed show up. And while we wait for Him to act on our behalf we have the comfort of knowing that He is with us as our rock. He is our salvation. Through all our struggle we have Him as our defense. We will not be moved or shaken. He gives us peace while we wait.

Let me go soak in that for awhile.

Happy Thursday, Verse Day dear reader.
 
I hope you find yourself waiting on God today and if you don't know Him, I hope you'll seek Him. There is truly nothing better than being in a relationship with the Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. Waiting on God---It just relaxes the soul and spirit.

    ReplyDelete

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...