Thursday, April 4

Thursday, Verse Day

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended but this one thing I do, 
forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 
 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus
Philippians 3:13, 14 
  photo 1_zpsa522463f.jpg
Today I listened to a sermon by Dr. David Jeremiah about quenching the fiery dart of worry! Two things stuck with me. The first being not to waste my "todays" with the worries of tomorrow and the second being not to allow myself to get stuck on the successes of my past or the failures of my past by worrying about them in the present. Instead pray. And memorize Scripture!

Phillipians 3:13-14 is such a powerful reminder to fix our eyes on Christ. Forget the past (learn from it, but don't worry about it). Trust Him for the future (plan for it, but don't worry about it). And know that God gives enough grace for today. 

p.s. I'll be memorizing this verse this week. I have it written on a card that I plan to carry with me. 

New memorization tip? Don't try to memorize it. Just repeat it over and over. Before you know it, you'll have it written on your heart. 

Happy Thursday, Verse Day dear reader.

Love,

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I love your blog. I'm so happy you found me, so that I could find you! We have so much in common. I love that you're a classical pianist--Bach is one of my absolute favorite composers, too. And you're such a talented crafter! I adored those baby booties you made for your little boy :)

    Looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...