Thursday, March 14

Thursday, Verse Day 1

I thought it'd be fun to start a new little series on this here blog of mine by sharing a verse and some of my thoughts about it every Thursday. So for today...

The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 

I loved this verse immediately upon first reading it. However, I have questions about the phrase "He will rest in His love." What does that mean for us? The verse seems to be talking about God and His working in or towards US and then right smack in the middle it talks about Himself and "His" rest in "His" love. Could it mean that He is resting in a state of His love toward us? How beautiful is that? Any thoughts? 

On another note, this little guy is growing up so quickly...  photo 2_zpscbc0980e.jpg  photo 1_zps916ea530.jpg  photo 1_zps8245ed3e.jpg
As a new mom I find it incredibly difficult to complete anything in its entirety within one sitting. I'm working at being patient and accepting the fact that I will start many things within my day and will not be able to finish them until after the baby goes to sleep for the night if I end up completing them at all. 

Goal for today? Finish the dishes from yesterday and start the laundry! 

Happy Thursday Verse Day dear reader,

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, I can't remember the last time I read out of Zephaniah... I feel like it's one of the forgotten about books. Whoops! I live the verse though! Thanks for sharing. I'm also confused about him resting in his love. Maybe it means even when he rests it's in a good place, and he is always full with love? Something like that?! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, beautiful verse. I read the Message reading of this and the NIV also. I got out of this verse that God is resting in His love, His love being Us. And since He dwells within us, He also can rest in Himself. Maybe? I hope what you found from that verse continues to work peace into your life, thanks for sharing. Thinking of you with all the motherhood and family and YOU stuff you have going on...one moment at a time girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! He does indeed dwell in us. He rests in us. It's beautiful to be reminded that we are His LOVE. Thanks so much for your comment. You're so encouraging to me Jenni. Hope you're enjoying your week thoroughly!

      Delete
  3. Awe, he's soooo handsome! ;D

    ReplyDelete

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...