Monday, January 14

Blanket for Baby

This might just be my favorite creation to date! Jack's baby blanket... Photobucket 
 I finished this before his birth but never had the opportunity to photograph it decently until today. In fact, today was the first day we actually used the blanket for the specific purpose of keeping Jack warm. Photobucket 
Most days we keep it draped over his little sleeping basket just for show. The blanket is rather large. My hope is that it will one day fit on his big boy bed...Photobucket 
I crocheted a total of sixty-three squares (nine by seven). And stitched them together with soft white yarn. And even though the squares appear to be placed without a great deal of strategy, I actually spent quite a few hours laying them out "randomly." Photobucket Sometimes random is best wouldn't you agree? Photobucket And speaking of random, here's a little self portrait of the photographer. If you like my hat you can purchase one here. It's listed as a cream hat, but if you prefer the peacock color just leave me a note with your etsy order and I'll customize!

P.S.  I'll be adding a new item to my shop this week. Been working on it between feedings and diaper changes. And I'm telling you this now to keep me accountable. Can't wait to share... 

Happy Monday everyone!

13 comments:

  1. I love your posts and style Courtney! Your little man is adorable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I love your style as well and your children are absolutely darling too!

      Delete
  2. Jack and the blanket look adorable! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely blanket for a more than handsome boy! Congrats on your new little guy! He is such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! You are so right! Jack is SUCH a gift. We are so grateful for him!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic design. I love the blanket and I LOVE Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. Love the blanket. You are amazing! I'm sure Jack loves it and it will be used for many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely – perfect random does not come randomly!
    I really love the colors and pattern, nice change to the granny square, what a beautiful blanket to keep your sweet little one warm. Did you come up with the pattern yourself or did you get it from somewhere?
    I'm looking forward to having you join the Sketchy Sunday challenge, it'll be fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Courtney - new follower here, and what a beautiful place I have stumbled upon! Your little Jack is divine, as is this blanket - both, such lovely creations.

    Wishing you a lovely week!

    Sar x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son Jack is so handsome! What dark hair! And that baby blanket is so fantastic! I have never seen one like it! I see all the love that went into each square! What a treasure to keep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison. I'm quite taken with him myself. :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh! Jack is ADORABLE! And that blanket is a masterpiece! You're so talented Courtney!


    ReplyDelete
  10. That blanket is absolutely adorable!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...