Tuesday, May 17

Lovely Greens

I've been meaning to use up the yarn in my basket for quite some time and really wanted to make something I'd never tried before which meant no mittens, scarves, or winter hats. Here's what happened:



Supplies? Various shades/textures of green yarn, a size 5.00MM crochet hook, and my latest library find (The Crochet Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden). This particular shirt is made using what Betty calls the "wavy checkers" stitch with the exception of the collar trim where I used a slightly modified version of "lace clusters."

The design is something that's been floating around in my head for awhile as I tried to wrap my mind around the details of making it work. The decision of when to change yarn was conveniently made for me. Every color change you see means I ran out of that particular yarn and had no choice but to switch to something else. What do you think? Would you wear it?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is SOO cute! I would totally wear that! I can't believe you made that. =) I really like the different shades of green too. It looks like something you would pay a lot of $$ for in a store. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great on you! I didn't know that you were into crochet! I have been crocheting since I was a kid. Nice work designing your own pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you talented ladies!

    Linda - What types of projects do you love to crochet? And where do you find good patterns?

    Mikalah - Your comment was very sweet and Happy Birthday to you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Courtney. Ummm...you MADE that?? Unbelievable! And yes, I would wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to change that. If I had your tummy, I would wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally cute! You should check out my blog www.deb-comewhatmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...