Wednesday, September 28

While I Wait...

I love walks outside and I'm going to miss seeing things like this as Fall approaches and Winter follows.   I'm not always the best at photographing flowers but this was my best specimen yet. The colors are so vivid and I love the drop of rain on the foliage in the background. 

Photobucket 
I'm learning about that dreaded word we call patience lately. Finding myself constantly in one transition after another and always hoping for the next thing to come. Always wanting to know the future before I get to it so I can be prepared and feel in control. My Bible study has pointed out some cool truths about waiting that are really helping me grow in patience. One of those truths is the reminder that times of waiting are always given to prepare us for what is ahead. Times of waiting stretch our faith and strengthen our relationship with God in a way that immediate gratification cannot. In Scripture we're even told what to do while we wait. We're told to pray. Just as the disciples prayed as they waited for the Holy Spirit to come to them after Jesus' ascension into Heaven. And when 40 days had passed, the Holy Spirit came in a mighty way. (Read Acts 2 to find out all about it!)

Photobucket 
I've had this journal since 2007 and love looking back on things I've prayed for and seeing how God answered. It's even neat to see the things He said "no" to and realize how glad I am that He did say "no." Right inside the cover I have these three Scriptures written as reminders of God's promises regarding prayer. 

Photobucket

My prayer for this blog is that it would honor God. This is something I'm growing into; it's something I must pray about. That I would more and more forget about myself as I learn of Him. And that He would change my behaviors from temporal to eternal so that through my life you would see Him and His offering of love and salvation.

Happy Wednesday everyone. Lots of love,

Linking up for the first time with:



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR HEART AND HONOR FOR GOD! is that really your handwriting? its like a piece of art! seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO lovely! What a sweet and inspiring post! And you did a beautiful job with that flower photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Times of waiting can be hard, but such a valuable lesson on faith and trust in Him!

    ReplyDelete

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...