Saturday, August 27

Third on the Program

In continued preparation for my recital on November 4th I must share with you the third piece on my program. If you've read my earlier posts this week, you know I'm opening my recital with two pieces by Bach. Those will be followed with the Variations Serieuses, Op. 54 by Mendelssohn. In this piece there are so many contrasts of color and character from one variation to the next that I never stop being intrigued. And by intrigued I mean challenged. I've yet to master the majority of the variations but that's what keeps me going. This recording by Horowitz is phenomenal. And if you don't have time to listen to the whole thing, skip to the ending because it'll take your breath away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I delight in what you have to say, so comment away...